A brilliant way to practice your Spanish is to have a ‘Spanish Evening’ at home with the family…
Perhaps you are learning as a couple or the kids are in a Spanish speaking school? If you have a Study Buddy maybe you could do this together for one of your practice sessions? As I always say practice makes perfect!
Get right into the Spanish atmosphere with a good bottle of Spanish wine, maybe some downloaded Gypsy Kings in the background, and some traditional tapas to share. This is one of my favourite tapas dishes – and SO easy to prepare…
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- Good pinch of chilli powder
- Pinch sugar
- Chopped fresh garlic to garnish
For the potatoes:
- 900g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, sweet paprika, chilli powder, sugar and salt, then bring them to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 10mins until pulpy. You can keep this chilled for up to 24hrs – great if you want to get prepared in advance !
- Pat the potatoes dry with kitchen paper, then tip into a roasting tin and toss in the olive oil and some seasoning.
- Roast for 40-50 mins until crisp and golden. Tip the potatoes into serving dishes and spoon over the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with some fresh parsley to serve.
Simply delicious!! Do you have a favourite Spanish dish that our subscribers would enjoy? I’d love to hear about it!